Chai Rice Pudding
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 4 black chai tea bags
- 1 cup short- or medium-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 medium-sized apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- cinnamon for garnish, optional
Spoon pudding into 2-quart heatproof dish. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 whole pears (ripe but firm)
Peel the pears and leave the stems. Remove the core from the bottom of the pear. Place in a shallow pan. Add the juice mixture to the pan and set over medium heat. Simmer for about 30 minutes, turning pears frequently. Don't boil.
Transfer the pears to serving plates.